Prevention is better than cure, and expert advice should be taken to ensure fair treatment of staff particularly in relation to disciplinary issues and termination of employment. Employers should ensure that they have comprehensive and up to date policies and procedures in place within their organisation. Employers should also ensure those members of their organisation who will implement the policies are properly trained to use them.
Sometimes, however, you can still be faced with the prospect of an Employment Tribunal claim from a current or former employee (or even an applicant for employment who was never hired). BTO’s employment team has dealt with court, Tribunal and/or Employment Appeal Tribunal cases relating to:
- Unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, automatically unfair dismissal
- Breach of contract
- TUPE consultation and other TUPE claims
- Discrimination claims, including: sex, race, disability, religion, transgender status and age
- Employment status & agency workers
- Fixed term workers
- Minimum wage claims
- Working time claims
- Restrictive covenants (pursuing and defending)
Tribunal rules are complex and losing or winning can often depend on early intervention and advice. Our team of expert lawyers has experience of defending all manner of claims and court action from current and former employees and workers.
We offer straight talking, commercially sound, business focussed advice. Based in Glasgow and Edinburgh, we cover the whole of Scotland and beyond. Our highly rated employment law team has an excellent reputation and you can be confident that you have the necessary expertise on your side to guide you every step of the way from consultation to final solution. We can also offer ongoing HR support and advice. Our aim is to provide you with the correct commercially targeted advice that will save you time and money.
We cover all aspects of law including corporate, commercial, personal matters and litigation. For all your legal needs, we’ve got them covered. For more information please visit www.bto.co.uk
- Settlement (Compromise) Agreements and exit packages / discussions
- HR Advice for Businesses and Organisations
- Contracts of Employment, Policies and Procedures
- Disciplinary and Grievance Issues
- Redundancy – Issues to consider for your business
- TUPE Transfers and Competitive Tendering
- Absence Management
- Employment Law Training