Whether to reduce costs or restructure your organisation to better meet business needs, your business may have to consider making redundancies. If you go into the process without proper consideration, the situation can quickly unravel for you and even a genuine redundancy situation can result in a finding of unfair dismissal at Employment Tribunal if the correct procedures are not followed.
The risks include claims for unfair dismissal and in some cases claims for failure to follow the correct collective consultation process. Discrimination claims can also often arise. On top of this, there can be many lost management hours involved in dealing with any claims raised at the Employment Tribunal. Consequently, it is vital that you take legal advice as early as possible in the redundancy process.
Common sense alone is not enough. Following the correct procedure, including the correct redundancy consultation process, will save you time, money and minimise damage to employee relations, reducing the impact on your business.
Here are a few of the areas that we can help you with:
- Redundancy documentation – announcements and draft letters
- Guidance on appropriate selection pools and criteria, where required
- Redundancy consultation process, both individual and collective
- Alternative employment options
- Settlement Agreements
- Large scale redundancies
- Support throughout the redundancy process
We offer straight talking, commercially sound, business focussed advice. Based in Glasgow and Edinburgh, we cover the whole of Scotland and beyond. Our highly rated employment law team has an excellent reputation and you can be confident that you have the necessary expertise on your side to guide you every step of the way from consultation to final solution. We can also offer ongoing HR support and advice. Our aim is to provide you with the correct commercially targeted advice that will save you time and money.
We cover all aspects of law including corporate, commercial, personal matters and litigation. For all your legal needs, we’ve got them covered. For more information please visit www.bto.co.uk
- Settlement (Compromise) Agreements and exit packages / discussions
- HR Advice for Businesses and Organisations
- Contracts of Employment, Policies and Procedures
- Disciplinary and Grievance Issues
- TUPE Transfers and Competitive Tendering
- Tribunals – Employment Disputes, Representation and Resolution
- Absence Management
- Employment Law Training