Contracts of Employment: Does your business need advice on employment contracts? We can ensure that you have a comprehensive employment contract in place that meets legal requirements and addresses the particular needs of your business. For instance, restrictive covenants may (or should be) be a key issue for you.
Policies and Procedures: Do you have a comprehensive discipline and grievance policy? Equal opportunities policy? There are many others that may be relevant in your business in order to protect the business.
A few of the areas that we can help you with:
- Auditing your suite of employment law documents and advising as to compliance
- Drafting disciplinary & grievance policies
- Equal opportunities policy
- Other employment related policies
- Staff handbooks etc.
- Restrictive covenants, intellectual property provisions
- Contracts of employment and service contracts
- Consultancy agreements, contracts for casual staff, other “self employed” contracts
Avoid expensive and time consuming issues
Having robust, well written employment contracts in place can help avoid any future misunderstandings over terms of employment. Many employment tribunals arise due to simple disagreements over what is required of the employee/employer under the contract of employment. Investing time in getting contracts right at the outset, and reviewing them regularly, can help you avoid expensive and time consuming problems further down the line.
We understand that no two businesses are the same. We will consider all aspects of your business when drafting employment contracts / policies and procedures. These contracts will provide a clear understanding of what both you and your employees can expect from one another, reducing the chances of misunderstandings or disputes in the future.
We offer straight talking, commercially sound, business focussed advice. Based in Glasgow and Edinburgh, we cover the whole of Scotland and beyond. Our highly rated employment law team has an excellent reputation and you can be confident that you have the necessary expertise on your side to guide you every step of the way from consultation to final solution. We can also offer ongoing HR support and advice. Our aim is to provide you with the correct commercially targeted advice that will save you time and money.
We cover all aspects of law including corporate, commercial, personal matters and litigation. For all your legal needs, we’ve got them covered. For more information please visit www.bto.co.uk
- Settlement (Compromise) Agreements and exit packages / discussions
- HR Advice for Businesses and Organisations
- Disciplinary and Grievance Issues
- Redundancy – Issues to consider for your business
- TUPE Transfers and Competitive Tendering
- Tribunals – Employment Disputes, Representation and Resolution
- Absence Management
- Employment Law Training